HR Business Partner
Reports To: CEO
- Acts as a strategic HR Business Partner for the leadership team by aligning business objectives with employees and management.
- Advises managers on the interpretation and administration of employment law and company policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to establish and maintain a positive culture environment.
- Builds and sustains constructive, trusting, and professional relationships with managers and employees and interfaces with staff regularly.
- Conducts or assists in internal investigations for employee relations and safety concerns.
- Maintains neutrality, objectivity and confidentiality when assessing organizational and employee information and concerns.
- Collaborates with management team to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Develops and organizes the recruiting strategy for the company, and is accountable for the recruiting process, recruiting activity, and candidate experience.
- Organizes new hire and on-boarding processes, including review of company policies, collection and processing new hire paperwork, and general orientation and training.
- Monitors compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws as well as regulations from other applicable agencies.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and communications to support business goals.
- Assists with Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance. Tracks required safety certifications and trainings to ensure compliance with governing bodies and internal procedures and policies.
- Oversees formal performance appraisal process, ensuring review documentation is completed and manager-employee discussions are held on a regular basis.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management, including coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Acts as the HRIS administrator and ensures that the system is maintained with accurate information.
- Processes payroll in the HRIS, ensures that data is error free, and provides necessary financial reports to the Finance department.
- Administers employee benefit programs, leaves of absence, unemployment claims and worker’s compensation and ensures compliance with regulatory bodies and applicable laws.
- Identifies organizational and departmental training needs for employees, works with managers to identify and provide training resources and coordinates training programs.
- Maintains HR related data, and reports to management as requested.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with management to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Completes compensation analyses as requested to ensure competitive and fair pay practices.
- Exhibits flexibility and eagerness to take on newly assigned tasks or projects in addition to regular job duties.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Minimum education is an Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of demonstrated Human Resources experience with strong employee relations skills, required.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience with talent acquisition, recruiting and onboarding, benefits administration and compliance, required.
- Experience with implementing and enhancing training and development programs, preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and experience, particularly in Microsoft Office.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to remain seated for 75% of employment time.
- Must be able to stoop, stand, and squat as needed.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Must be able to communicate with employees, vendors, and candidates at a normal speaking level to ensure confidentiality.
110 Pearl St.,
Coldwater, OH 45828